Sungrow Parrot Wooden and Rope Chewing Toy, 15.7 X 4 Inches, Multi-Shaped Blocks and Cotton Rope with Hanging Loop, 1 Pc
- ✔ Challenges Your Parrot Mentally & Physically --- Toys are a necessity for parrots. They provide essential physical activity so that our intelligent feathered pets stay healthy. Bird Chewing Toy by SunGrow provides opportunities for parrots in the cage which they undertake when living in their native habitat. There are several multi-colored blocks in this single toy to make your bird active. These blocks are arranged in multiple layers to climb and explore.
- ✔ Entertaining Toy For Your Birds --- A parrot with nothing to do is a prime candidate for behavioral problems. Some parrots tend to be more disruptive during certain times of the year, usually during their breeding period. SunGrow’s bird chewing and preening toy is a perfect companion to keep your parrots busy, less disruptive and have more fun hours which keep them active mentally.
- ✔ Edible Chew Toy --- It is important for the avian species that we keep something for them to chew on. In their native habitat, they engage in chiseling holes and tearing up branches. This is something innate to them. The wooden blocks chew toy by SunGrow is made from wood and cotton rope. So when they nudge on to their toy, it would keep them content. So if you don’t spot your green cheek outside playing, just hover a little inside. They might be hiding amongst the blocks and savoring them.
- ✔ Right Size For Your Bird --- The Bird Chewing Toy by SunGrow comes with a standard size of 40cm (15.7”) x 10cm (3.9”) and fits well in your beloved feathered pet’s cage. The included metal buckle holds this toy in place. Its crunch potential is ideal for small parrots and medium-sized, conure-sized birds. It is suggested for macaws, African greys, Cockatiels, Cockatoos, Budgies, Lovebirds, pigeons, and a variety of Amazon parrots as well.
Why Preening is Crucial for Your Birds?
Preening is how birds keep their feathers without dirt, waterproofed, and in perfect position for the flying condition. Studies on multiple species have shown that birds spend an average of more than 9% each day on their maintenance, with more than 92% of that time spent preening. Hence, it is extremely important for the pet birds to get enough opportunities for this.
The Chewing Toy for parrots by SunGrow encourages foraging and preening and relieves feather plucking by your beloved feathery friend. It is suggested for macaws, African greys, Cockatiels, Cockatoos, Budgies, Lovebirds, pigeons, and a variety of Amazon parrots as well.
Your search has come to an end with the SunGrow Bird Chewing Toy.
It is a chew toy with lots of distinctive colored wooden blocks and knots. Birds love to untie cotton rope knots, which satiates their instinctual urge to chew. This sturdy and durable toy is enough for medium to large birds.
Is There a Toy That’ll Keep My Pet Engrossed All Day Long?
Parrot ownership entails challenges as it is not an easy task to keep our intelligent friend busy and active. Though toys have a large role to play in their total well-being, the question is, where to find ‘that perfect toy’ with which your bird just loves to play?
Pets Who Would Love This Chewing Toy
Since birds love playing just like kids, they are always on the lookout for doing something rather than just sit around in their cage. This colorful bird toy gives them the right opportunity, making it the perfect toy for them. Apart from these flying species, our toy is suitable for several small pets like squirrel monkeys, hamsters, guinea pigs and many more. Its multicolored texture attracts the pets visually. They keep themselves busy by chewing and working on the blocks, rope and especially the knots.
Let The Creative Juices Flow Through You!
Having this attractive toy in your house, you can think of multiple DIY projects. It works as a beautiful home decor to hang in the cage or on the wall. You can also hang it at your front door or keep it in the guest room.
SunGrow Pet Pro Tip:
If in case your bird gets frightened by the new toy, try to put this toy outside the cage for a few days and when the bird gets habitual, keep it inside. Other thing that you might try is by stuffing it with a treat. That may be lucrative for some species to forage and find for their food.
SunGrow Pet Facts:
- Preening is how birds keep their feathers in flying condition and is very important to their survival.
- Birds love playing just like kids! They are intelligent creatures, always on the lookout for something to do rather than just sit around in a cage.
- Birds are able to distinguish colors. Therefore, color makes this wooden toy more attractive and interesting to them.
|Material||Wood||Wood||Wood, Rattan & Shredded Paper||Wood|
|Size||16 x 4 inches||12 x 1.2 inches||9 x 6 inches||19 x 7.5 inches|
|Suitable||Parrot, Cockatiel, Macaw, Conure & Parakeet||Parrots, Macaws, African Greys & Conures||Small and Medium Parrots, Cockatiels, Lovebirds & Finches||Parrots, Macaws, African Grey & Cockatoos|